Casa Deportiva Cumbre Alta (CDCA) is seeking a soccer coach. The coaching position is being created with the purpose of accomplishing the following vision.
Vision: Cumbre Alta is dedicated to reaching the highest level of Ecuadorian sports as we share Christ with those in our sphere of influence.
Coaches will be expected to commit to the following:
1. Coaches will be committed to competing at the highest level possible.
2. Consistently and effectively share the love of Christ with the team coached and the community at large.
3. Disciple and mentor team members.
4. Prepare training sessions.
5. Manage the team during games.
6. Faithfully adhere and complete the responsibilities and expectations established in the coaches’ manual.
7. Provide written Player Development Program for all players on the team.
8. Identify and recruit players for the team as well as all other CDCA teams.
9. Communicate progress to CDCA’s Sports Director through regular reports.
10. Communicate efficiently with players and parents regarding team activities, expectations, and hold parent and/or player meetings as necessary.
11. Participate in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills, including attending professional development conferences, work towards USSF “A” license or equivalent and other related activities.
12. Assist in implementing CDCA soccer clinics and camps.
13. Be an ambassador for CDCA within the local community.
14. Work closely with the Sport Director.
- Discuss players who have the potential to move up in category.
- Discuss potential problems with players or parents.
- Relay the needs of the team.
- The Sports Director ensures that all coaches are coaching in the manner the club desires to operate its teams.
15. Provide private coaching for prospective players.
16. Accomplish other tasks as assigned by the Sports Director.
Qualifications for the ideal soccer coach:
1. Passionate to achieve the club’s vision.
2. Demonstrates an ability to teach proper soccer techniques.
3. Self-motivated to take on the challenge of starting and developing a local sports club.
4. Exceptional organizational, leadership and teaching ability.
5. Minimum of one year coaching experience or willingness to be an assistant coach at the club for one year.
6. Demonstrates a deep understanding of soccer tactics.
7. Minimum of a USSF ‘D’ License or equivalent is preferred. Candidate must be willing to achieve a coaching license in the first year of employment.
8. Prefers an attacking style of play consistent with the style of play of the club.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills.
10. Must be fluent in Spanish. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
If you do not meet some of the criteria desired above but feel like God has called you to work with CDCA we encourage you to contact the club.