Hi to all of the Inca Link Global family,
- We have been able to raise over $50,000 for those affected by the earthquake so far. Thanks so much to all of you who have given. Our goal is still $100,000. Pray that we get it in the next couple of weeks.
- Percy and Gema from the Portoviejo 7.8 ministry have started the day care center with 39 children from the garbage dump who were deeply affected by the earthquake. None of these kid are sponsored yet – we need 39 sponsors. If you are interested please email Nicole at email@example.com. Percy told us about 12 of his leaders who got trapped under the rubble the night of the earthquake. They were trapped until 2 a.m. the next morning. We thank God for sparing their lives. Now we need to pray for them as they have been traumatized. Each time there is a tremor they are filled with fear. One of the leaders passed out last Saturday as she felt another tremor.
- Casa Elizabeth teen pregnancy center is going well. We thank God for the new couple living with them and showing them a godly family – they are making a difference in these girls lives.
- The Youth Leaders Summit, this weekend – May 13-14th, is the biggest event of the year. Please pray for the 500 leaders coming from the disaster areas (thanks to those of you that sponsored them to come) and for the other 500 leaders coming. Our prayer is that this event will impact the whole nation.
- Let´s pray for Pablo and Kusi who are compiling youth ministry materials in the mountain region of Peru with the Quechua and Aymara indigenous groups.
- Our hearts are heavy this week for Sandra´s family from Ninawachi. Sandra, 31 years old, was the cook in our Missions Institute in the jungles of Ecuador. The doctors are still not sure what caused her death. Please pray for the two young daughters, the husband and the Shafers and all of the staff and students in Ninawchi.
- Corban is preparing for their tour that starts at the end of June. Praise God we got all of our 16 concerts scheduled. Please pray for lodging – we have no where to stay in either Memphis, St Louis or Nashville on July 4th. Pray that we will find a place to sleep for free for 7 people.
Highs – I was at a key meeting at the National Office of the U.S. Alliance strategizing for future ways to better serve our teams overseas to reach more people. Alexa accomplished an incredible goal this week. Michaela and Josiah finished their college year well.
Lows – I have a terrible cough again and tomorrow we fly to Ecuador for 6 days. Please pray.
2 Prayer requests – Pray for our trip to Ecuador – we are so excited to go back even if it´s only for 6 days. Pray for the Youth Summit, for the right leaders to be there and for it to be a time of healing our land, our hearts, our homes and our people.
Goals reached for the Kingdom of God and for Inca Link – The meeting I had with our leaders at the National Office, the Inca Link International retreat, was the most productive meeting we have had yet. Had a great time at Kings Academy Speaking 😉 and Skype meetings with many people who are connected with our ministry.
Intensely Focused :),
Rich and Elisa