Hi to Inca Link Global family,
How are you? We hope you are well. We see that we are advancing one person at a time in reaching the 300 million youth in latin america :).
Here are some of the latest news items that we are seeing in our region.
- Many of our Inca Link staff members were able to get a scholarship to be able to study. Some in seminary, others in college, some with masters and even doctorate degrees. We had less teams and interns than last year – but each one that comes provides funds to help train our leaders. We are very grateful for that!
- Bonsai – after school program in Manta, Ecuador is doing well. There is a great need for kids at risk who have no one to take care of them or help them with their studies after school. The Eason’s are doing a great job.
- Elim – the garbage dump ministry in Peru – is praying for a teacher for the tutoring classes. They were able to give out over 220 pounds of rice to families – thanks to some bracelets that were sold.
- Casa blanca guest house ministry received a donation this week to help remodel the cabin. We thank God for that.
- Casa Elizabeth teen pregnancy center celebrated two of the girls getting baptized. See them here: https://www.facebook.com/rich.brown.73/videos/1254068491293138/
- Mana garbage dump day care center in Peru has over 100 children sponsored. These kids are growing up physically and spiritually.
- Here is what some of our kids in the Inca Thakhi program are doing 🙂 – https://www.facebook.com/rich.brown.73/videos/1254040157962638/
Highs – Alexa has her first volleyball game today and she is doing so well back in her same school. She is running for chaplain of her class. Entre nosotras started again where Elisa leads over 50 women in a book study. Most women are not evangelical.
Lows – we had to make some hard decisions these last few weeks.
2 Prayer requests – It was great to talk to each of the interns from this past year and see how God is working in their lives. Many of them had a rough summer. Pray for those who are studying, working and following Christ. Pray also for Olivia who moved with her husband Mark to Maryland – she is looking for a journalism job.
Goals reached for the kingdom of God and Inca Link – We have had great meetings with E625, Inca Link missionaries in Ecuador, directors of Ecuador projects, Envision missionaries in the DR and El Salvador, and with interns and staff members. Elisa had a fabulous meeting at Entre nosotras – see pictures 🙂
Rich and Elisa