COVID-19 Update 5/7/20
We’re sure you are all aware of the current situation with COVID-19 and how it is affecting things on a global scale. You may have already wondered if this will impact your trip and what Inca Link is doing in relationship to the virus. We wanted to take a few minutes and share with you how we are responding to this growing situation.
First, we want you to know that we take the safety of our teams, interns and staff seriously as we monitor situations around the world. This includes:
- Checking the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and each country’s US embassy websites on a daily basis.
- Active cases in each of our countries.
- The country’s response and any actions or policies that are implemented.
- Airline routes that potentially travel through highly infected areas.
Here is the most up to date information on each of our countries:
- Colombia: The Government of Colombia is under a national quarantine to that has been extended until May 25. International flights will remain grounded until the end of May with the exception of cargo and humanitarian flights as defined by the government.
- Peru: The government declared a national state of emergency on March 15. Quarantine measures and border closures will continue through Sunday, May 10.
- USA: No international travel until further notice.
- Ecuador: The government has prohibited all foreigners and Ecuadorians from arriving via air, land, or sea until further notice.
- Honduras: The government announced all borders (air, land, and sea) will be closed as of Sunday, March 15, until further notice.
- Costa Rica: Until May 15, only Costa Rican citizens, Costa Rican residents who departed Costa Rica PRIOR to March 24, those whose residency is in process who departed Costa Rica PRIOR to March 24, minor children of Costa Rican citizens, and foreign diplomats will be able to enter Costa Rica. This restriction applies to land, sea, and air arrivals.
At this time, all of our ministries are following national guidelines for closure (see above). We have taken extra precautions to prevent the spread of the virus at our ministry sites. Unfortunately we are unable to accept new teams and interns until Aug. 10 due to border closures. If you have an upcoming short-term missions trip at one of our sites, you have the option to reschedule your trip 30 days in advance by contacting Stacey Pope (email@example.com). If you have any questions or concerns related to your trip or to the field, please direct them to Stacey, who is operating as our point person in all things related to COVID-19.
We would ask you to join us in prayer for protection of our sites, our people, and the timely resolution to this world issue.