Summer is over and the kids are back in school! Here are a few highlights from the past months:
– We had Art and English workshops this summer with the children and teens. It was amazing to see their creativity blossom as they painted and colored.
– As you know, we have electricity, so we started watching movies with the children once a week. We watch a show that is focused on Christian values, and then discuss it afterwards.
– A soccer/volleyball championship was hosted between all the ministries from ages 9-18 and it was a blast of a time! And somehow a water fight developed which was the highlight for almost everyone.
– The children ages 3-5 went out to have an early dinner and play in the play place at Rocky’s (which you remember if you’ve been here). It was special for me to see these children experience something that was a great memory for me when I was their age.
– We have been entering the garbage dump more often while the teams are here. Fruit is given to the workers while they are working and are invited to the program on Saturdays. It has been great to see a few more families attending the program and hearing about the good news of Jesus Christ.
– Stephany and I continue with our studies in the seminary.
– I’m on the board for Inca Link Peru as VP.
– The bracelet ministry is growing and we have asked 6 of the moms to step up as leaders in this initiative. They have been learning a lot and have been leading and teaching the other moms very well.
-Also, 4 women have stepped up into leadership for the Saturday Bible studies. They do not feel worthy of the opportunity,
but praise the Lord there are leaders being formed in this area of Trujillo, Peru.
– 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (ESV) “And I…did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified…so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.” This has been a great verse to think about and apply to the lessons we teach. We need to make sure we are depending on the power of God changing peoples lives and not in the eloquent words that we use.
– Keep praying for the future of the Elim ministry and the church that we desire to plan with the help of the church we regularly attend now.
Thanks for reading and for your prayers, we miss you all and hope to see you soon!
kneel often and stand strong,
Brent & Stephany Frederick