Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve springs and seventy palm trees, and they camped there near the water. Exodus 15:27
This ministry began in 2007, when a group of young people from the Christian Alliance Church were guided to the El Milagro garbage dump or sanitary landfill. They witnessed how children and adults worked submerged in garbage, some of them even eating from the garbage, and that prompted them to organize donation drives as a way to show the love of Christ and share the gospel with them. Some years later, as Inca Link Peru, the desire was born to start a weekly Bible study program with the children of recyclers. It was then that, together with a family of missionaries and some young volunteers, they began to have a Bible school every Saturday afternoon. That’s how it all started.
Since its inception, Elim has had the vision of seeing the transformation of a community with a gospel whose impact is comprehensive and extends to generations through the discipleship of local leaders. We are clear that there is no greater agent of change than the power of the gospel acting on the inhabitants of a community. Thus, what began in the small community of recyclers (Sector 9), is now being reproduced in other sectors: 6, 7 and 8 through community leaders. There is still much to do, but we move forward confident that God’s love will continue to be an oasis of salvation and renewal in El Milagro through Elim.
That each at-risk family in El Milagro be impacted with the love of Christ in their lives in an integral way.
Promote transformation in at-risk communities by embodying and sharing the gospel; contributing to healthy comprehensive development and raising local leaders who extend their impact to other generations.
- Bible school: We teach biblical principles using the biblical stories as a base.
- School strengthening: We strengthen the communication and mathematical skills of children who have low school performance.
- Workshops: We offer sports, arts and crafts workshops to members of the community.
- Discipleship: We train those who have a passion to evangelize and disciple children.
- Campaigns: We channel any type of aid that alleviates basic needs for food, clothing or health.
• Heart of Service
• MAC3: Missions, Attitude, Creativity, Connections and Compassion