Casa Deportiva Cumbre Alta is dedicated to reaching the highest level of Ecuadorian sports as we share Christ with those in our sphere of influence.
CDCA was started the summer of 2010 when a group of young men in 7th to 9th grade came together to practice and enter into a local tournament. We since have had men’s teams, women’s teams and will be starting a soccer academy shortly. We wish to have a team for every age group for men and women which would allow us to be mentoring roughly 850 players year-round.
Along with soccer, CDCA plans to expand to several other sporting arenas in the future.
what we are working on this year
Soccer Academy – the Academy is up and running. Academy teams will be made up of players who want to improve their soccer skills and look to make their way onto our clubs teams. Our focus this year is the under 12 age group. We plan on adding one team a year until we have a team for every age group from 6 years old and older.
Our program will reach kids of all social statuses of the country. It is not just for those who can afford to play. It is also for those who would never stand a chance to play because the cost is out of reach. We have a built-in scholarship system that is fed through two channels. One, we charge $5 a month extra to those who can afford it, allowing us to lower the cost for those that cannot afford it. Second, we have sponsors who give $20 a month to provide scholarships for those that could never participate in the academy otherwise.
Of course the emphasis for the club is not only to improve the players’ skill levels but also to have a door into their lives through soccer in order to share Christ with them and their families – discipleship through soccer.
First Team – In our debut season last year, our First Team finished third, one spot away from being promoted to the next tier of Ecuadorian soccer. This year we hope to push into the top two and win promotion to the fourth tier.
Our First Team is our best team, regardless of age, which will be trying to reach the highest levels of Ecuadorian soccer. The more athletic success our First Team has, the more the public will recognize Cumbre Alta and want to send their children to play in our Academy and club teams. As we reach the highest levels of Ecuadorian soccer, our goal is to help our players, and those who are in the clubs sphere of influence, take their next step with God, whatever that might be. We do this through team devotions and prayer, and through one-on-one time with our players.
The First Team’s season starts in April and ends at the beginning of October. Follow our progress this year at www.cumbrealta.org.
Pray about how you can be involved. Here are three ways to do that:
- That we’d have open doors to share Christ clearly with our players and their families
- For a soccer field that we can call home – donate to the field fund
- That this season would be injury free
- We desperately need more coaches who want to invest long-term in the lives of our players learn more about being a Cumbre Alta coach…
- Come down as an intern and see if this is where God would have you learn more about interning…
- We need financial resources to pay for coaches, equipment, tournament fees, etc.
- We are in need of a field that we can use all the time, we hope to purchase a field if the funds become available
Examples of what donations pay for:
- $5,000 to rent the field for two practices a week for a year for one of our teams. The rest of the week we train at public parks, which means fields that are in bad condition. Also, safety at the public parks is a major concern.
- $5,000 to sponsor a Christian coach for a year to disciple students. We’d love to hire Ecuadorian staff to help us run our teams.
- $10,000 to sponsor a team for a year – coach, equipment, uniforms, coaches, materials.
- $50,000 for a down payment for a field of our own. Owning our own field is of the utmost importance for the long-term health of the club. If we had a field of our own we could rapidly increase the amount of teams we have at the club which means more lives we get to share Christ with.